Sunday 23 September 2012

England



















Hello people! Sorry for the blog silence around here but we have been holidaying in England for the last week. We are now back in Norway and I'm 3lbs heavier and my bank account is £500 lighter!
Henrik turned 37 in England, so many cakes were eaten. We ate roast dinners with yorkshire puds, baby-back ribs from Waitrose (they were to die for) Ploughmans lunch, fish n chips, drank Crabbies,Guinness and shandy. I bought 5 pairs of jeans (I never buy clothes in Norway if I can help it) lots of winter woolies, huge amounts of medicine (these are crap in Norway too)
I spent time with my family and my best friend (and Sock the boxer) and enjoyed everything that England has to offer.
I'm slightly pissed off to be back in Norway but this always happens to me after a trip. It will wear off again,  it always does.

6 comments:

  1. We're heading back to the States in a week for the first time in TWO YEARS--first time since we moved here. I'm kind of worried about the bank account and what you wrote about in the last paragraph--being pissed off to be back in Norway again. Good to know 1) it's normal and 2) it will wear off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful trip back to the states! I can't believe you have not been back yet(although it's much easier/quicker/cheaper for me to pop home for a few days....)
      Coming back to Norway is really hard after a long trip home and I find myself angry with Norway all over again each and every time. I get used to english manners, food, the different people, things running efficiantly. Its difficult but it fades away again and I return to my little norwegian bubble (until next time!)

      Delete
  2. oh, a boxer! my grandparents had one. I was small, he was so big - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are very sweet dogs! I fell in love!

      Delete
  3. the weather is crap now. does that help? love the random purchases - jeans and medicine! x

    ReplyDelete